Staying at Crann Og Eco Farm
- The climate of Ireland can be unpredictable, sometimes we can experience two or three seasons in one day! So it is a good idea to bring a quality rain coat and a warm layer of clothing, or two, is highly recommended.
- Strong water proof footwear, hiking boots highly recommended, for general activities around the farm and trailing in the woods.
- If you are planning a winter visit then we recommend the full compliment of wet and cold weather layers.
- If you are planning a visit in sunnier times please bring hats and appropriate sun protection for you and your children, the Irish sun can be fierce in summer time.
- If you like to be adventurous and explore deeply in the woods, wellington boots are advisable.
- Adequate footwear, warm clothing and rain gear is essential for children.
- A small backpack is recommended for long hikes and trailing, for carrying water and food. Water bottle(s) and refuse bags to repack your rubbish and carry out of the forest and off nature trails.
- Your stay with us is self-catering, so be sure to bring your supplies with you. The town of Gort is close by with supermarkets and the ‘Open Sesame’ wholefood store.
- We provide your first night’s firewood and briquettes. You can purchase additional solid fuel from us or bring your own.
- We use a reed bed system to clean any waste water, so please use only eco-friendly soaps and shampoos. We can, to a limited amount, provide some for you.
- We expect visitors to Crann Og to observe our policy of moderate use of alcohol and we do not permit drug use on our farm. We also expect all visitors to be mindful of our animals, nature and our neighbours and keep noise to a minimum at all times.
- A quality head torch or hand held torch is a good idea with adequate battery life and/or spare batteries.
- If you wish to bird watch or observe wild animals, binoculars are a great idea!
- Of course, bring your camera! You will get lots of wonderful photos of nature, animals and your children and friends at play and relaxing in nature.