Monday 8th August 10:30am to Thursday 11th August 4pm
Entitles 2 Teens (age 13 to 17 years) only to all instructor tuition, materials, equipment, food and lodging.
This a residential camp, Teens will camp in segregated and chaperoned large bell tents, camping out the 3 nights. TEENature is a camp-fire cooking, fully catered, drug/alcohol free and Unplugged (no technology) camp.
The material covered in this weekend will incorporate basic bush craft and survival skills, leading into greater depth and complexity as the days go on, the camp develops and further exciting activities arise.
The material covered in this long camp will incorporate an introduction to basic bush craft and survival skills, and a range, or all of the activities from our menu of fun stuff below.
Please note: Bring your own towel, sleeping bag, camping mat & extra blanket just in case!
Activities on camp may include some or all of the list below depending on weather, numbers of campers & availability of instructors:
- Explorations and discovery of the woodlands.
- Animal observation, tracking & orienteering.
- Plant identification, wild food foraging & medicinal herbs.
- Wood craft and survival skills.
- Risk assessments and safety instructions.
- Tool skills using knives, saws and loppers.
- Shelter building, ropes & knots.
- Fire making & camp fire cooking.
- Teamwork & problem solving through games & missions.
- Intro to Mixed Martial Arts Self Defence by Shaolin MMA.
- Fixed rope high tree climbing & kyaking with Certified Outdoor Instructor Fionn Edler.
- Sand arena games like beach volley ball, badminton and football.
- Yoga & Meditation.
- Camp fire fun with story telling, drumming, stargazing and guided night walks.
- Introduction to horsemanship.