Samhain Gathering of Men 2016
Crann Og Eco Farm, County Galway IRELAND
Friday 11th November
Gather at Crann Og Eco Farm come evening time between 4 and 6pm, check in, circle up and drop into ourselves. This is a time for connection. There will be hearty food, fire, storytelling and song. Not to mention the Craic !
Saturday 12th November
Sunday 13th November
Got questions and need to talk to someone?
For queries and deeper information about the content of this gathering, men’s work and groups, training and processes, please contact Facilitator David Patterson.
For general queries regarding the venue, transport, accommodation and catering please Contact Help.
Dates & Location
Friday 11th to Sunday 13th November 2016
Arrival: Friday 4 – 6pm Departure: Sunday 4 – 5pm
Hosts & Protagonists
Mankind Project UK & Ireland center manager. Laurence has led numerous Primary Integration Training (PIT) cycles and staffed New Warrior trainings. He is deeply passionate about I-Groups and the role they play in men’s lives.
Crann Og owner, co-host and facilitator.
Co-host and facilitator.
Co-host and facilitator.
Co-host and facilitator.
Samhain Gathering 2016
General Information for Participating Men
This gathering is open to all men, especially interesting for those already MKP trained and/or members of an I-Group.
The Master Class with Laurence Johns is indispensable for those wishing to develop further their skills and capabilities in running men’s groups.
Spaces for this gathering and training are limited, prior registration and deposit are essential. Accommodation will be allotted on a first come, first served basis. The gathering is fully catered, no alcohol.
Please use the Quick Links to the right to view all information, or simply continue to scroll down through the sections. If you have queries not answered by the information, please use the Contact Help quick link to forward us your query.
Once your place is secured by deposit you will receive a confirmation email from Crann Og. All you need to know about the gathering is included here, but to be sure, we will send you a reminder email closer to the event.
Register Your Place
Numbers for this gathering and training are limited, registration and deposit are essential to book your place.
The gathering is fully catered, 3 meals/day plus refreshments and includes accommodation with bed linen.
Total cost is €105, secure your place by paying a €35 deposit now, pay the balance upon arrival at Crann Og.
When you are ready to Register, click the “Pay Deposit Only” button to the right of screen.
After you have paid your deposit you will receive email confirmation from us within 48 hours of your cleared payment and registration for the gathering. This email will contain a few questions pertaining to accommodation and catering. A reminder email will be sent closer to the event.
You may pay using a Paypal account, bank card (secure transaction processed by Paypal), direct bank transfer or cheque.
If you select direct bank transfer in the payment options you must initiate the transfer from your bank account to ours. Our account details will appear when you ‘Check Out’ from the shopping cart.
If you select pay by cheque please be aware that your registration is not complete until the cheque clears, please be prompt in sending it to us so as to guarantee your place.
Payments are only accepted in Euros.
What to Bring
- A towel & toothbrush: we do not supply!
- Wellington boots or similar waterproofs for the woodland walk.
- Wet weather gear and warm clothing.
- Head torch for moving around after sunset.
- Your water bottle, we supply the well water.
- Musical instruments if you have them.
- Indoor slippers might be handy!
- Medicine blanket, one to which you have some personal connection, for keeping warm around the Hogan fire and during quieter moments during training and facilitation.
- Candle to light at daybreak on Sunday morning, to symbolise bringing light to your dream for the new year just beginning.
A sacred object infused with your energy, for the Samhain Altar and for the give away blanket on Sunday afternoon.
For our Samhain Weekend we offer accommodation in the bunk style shared Long House cabin, the off grid pallet cabin and cabins at the Green Spiral next door.
The Long House cabin comprises only single bunks, 1 separate single and 1 double sofa bed.
The pallet cabin comprises 1 large double and 2 single futon beds.
The cabins at the Green Spiral are a mixture of doubles and singles mixed in 4 cabins.
Beds will be allocated on a first in, first served basis.
All bedding is supplied. We do not supply towels, please bring your own!
Long House Cabin
We offer 10 beds in two rooms for shared on grid accommodation. Between the two bunk rooms is a communal kitchen/dining/lounge room with wood burning stove. This cabin is immediately adjacent to the communal bathroom. The cabin is recently renovated and all beds are new and very comfortable. A warm, cosy spot!
Pallet A-frame Cabin
This cabin is completely off-grid and equipped with it’s own kitchenette, situated on the edge of an ancient Irish oak woodland. Truly magical space favoured by couples and nature enthusiasts. Consists of 1 double bed and 2 singles. The most secluded accommodation we have, offered on a first in, first served basis. Rechargeable led lanterns, candles and heating provided.
Cabins at Green Spiral
We offer 13 beds, 4 doubles and 9 singles. These cabins are all very cosy and situated a short walk down the lane from Crann Og. This accommodation option is for sleeping only, all meals will be taken at Crann Og Eco Farm.
Hogan Round House
This unusual structure is styled after a North American Indian round house and is where fire and ceremonial work will take place. It is equipped with a central fire pit and chimney hole in the apex so camp fires can be enjoyed no matter the weather outside. Large enough to accommodate the group in ceremony.
The studio at Crann Og is a beautiful and bright space and where the Master Class with Laurence Johns will be conducted. Wooden floor and centrally heated it is equipped with a WC and access to the gardens and the dining room. A perfect training space and excellent for drumming sessions too!
This gathering of men is a fully catered event, providing 3 hearty meals per day and refreshments. This is an alcohol free event.
The menu will be vegetarian mostly but with the addition of one feast like meal including locally sourced artisanal meat. Where possible, ingredients will be organic and ethical.
While we will cater for gluten and dairy free requirements, regrettably we can not cater for all dietary regimes. We will however try to incorporate known food allergies and severe intolerances into the meal preparation as best we can.
In the follow up email after your registration you will be prompted to provide food allergy information. Please understand that it is your responsibility to inform us in advance of any known allergies to common food stuffs, and that we will do our best to accommodate everyone’s needs.
For participants whose dietary needs fall outside and beyond that described above, please bring with you any food supplements you require and it would be great if you could inform us in advance so we can make some storage space for your goods if required.
Below are sample menus to give you an idea of what to expect, actual dishes on the day may vary from this.
- Porridge and muesli
- Variety of fruits
- Yoghurt, milk and diary free alternatives
- Toast, gluten free alternative and jam
- Boiled eggs
- Cheese and butter, diary free spread
- Fruit juice and well water
- Herbal tea, tea and coffee
- Combination of salads: e.g: mixed green salad + grated carrots & beetroot salad
- Home made salad dressings
- Wholegrain rice or pasta
- Vegetable dishes
- Herbal teas, tea, coffee and fresh well water
- Additional refreshments and nibbles provided at tea breaks
- Salads and dressings
- Soup, omelettes, quiches, chilli and curry style dishes
- Whole grains (rice, barley) and pasta
- One meal including local artisanal meat, with vegetarian alternatives
- Herbal teas, tea, coffee and fresh well water
- Seasonal dessert
Getting There & Away
Parking at Crann Og Eco Farm is limited to approximately 15 spaces. In keeping with our ethos we encourage participants to car pool if possible.
If you are coming from further afield than Galway county please use the links below to help organise your travel arrangements.
Following the Buy Flights to Ireland link will take you to another page with links to all airports in IE & NI. Shannon (SNN) is the nearest airport to Crann Og (approx 50 mins drive). Public transport links in the direction of Galway City will bring you to the town of Gort, 50 minutes south of Galway.
If you require assistance to get from the town of Gort use the Samhain Gathering Help contact form to talk with us and we will arrange collection by other participants or staff. Or catch a taxi ! Follow this link to our Map page for Google map & taxi services.
Samhain Gathering Help
Problems registering? Click/Tap here for Instructions.
- When you click/tap the “Pay Deposit Only” button you will be directed to a product description page.
- Select how many Samhain Gathering places you would like to book using the up and down arrows next to the Add To basket button. When you have selected the appropriate number of places click or tap the Add To basket button.
- After adding your selection to the basket a green bar will appear at the top of the product page with the words “Samhain Gathering Deposit” has been added to your basket, and a button to the right saying View Basket.
- Click or tap the View Basket button. This will take you to Your Basket page which will display your selected purchase.
- If you wish to cancel your purchase click or tap the red x in the far left hand column. You may adjust the number of places you wish to book by using the up and down arrows in the Quantity column. This will adjust the price accordingly after you click or tap the Update Basket button.
- When you are happy with your selections, proceed to the checkout page by clicking or tapping the Proceed To Checkout button.
- You are now at the checkout page where you are required to enter data to complete the purchase, essential data highlighted by a red *. At the bottom of this page is a summary of your order and three options to make payment; Direct Bank Transfer, Cheque and Paypal. Select your preferred method of payment.
- Note: Selecting Paypal option allows you to pay using a Paypal account OR a debit and/or credit card. The Paypal merchant handles the card transaction in full security, so that our website does not read or store your card details. Selecting the Direct Bank Transfer will give you our bank details on the next page with which to make your transfer, BUT YOU must initiate the transfer at your bank or using YOUR ONLINE BANKING, we can’t do that for you…we’re not that clever! Selecting the cheque option will give you our postal address details to send the cheque to. Please make the cheque payable to Crann Og. We only accept cheques in Euros (€).
- An automated email will be sent to you detailing your transaction and method of payment. This is not a receipt of transaction as in the case of Direct Bank Transfer or Cheque payment options, only confirmation of your order, subject to clearance of your payment.
- Paypal payments will generate a receipt email through the Paypal Merchant system, independently of Crann Og and our website.
- Confirmation email will be sent to you on clearance of your payment and this will include some questions about food allergies and accommodation. This will be followed by a reminder email with info on how to reach our doorstep.